Sunday, October 18, 2015

Come Delight

Picture

Stop.
Pause.
Take a deep breath.
Sit back and ponder this for a moment with me.

Isaiah 57:15
15 For this is what the high and exalted One says—

he who lives forever, whose name is holy:
“I live in a high and holy place,
but also with the one who is contrite and lowly in spirit,
to revive the spirit of the lowly
and to revive the heart of the contrite.

------
         The high and exalted One lives in His people. Think about that. God is infinite, and yet He chooses to make His dwelling place in us .That's an amazing amount of Love... To be so Truly Good, and to live in ones so truly broken - and to love us all the more inspite of that.

           The other day I had a conversation about this... And still, today, those thoughts are rattling about in my head. *Grins* Do you ever just get excited as you ponder the Truth of who God is in you?

        As a friend said today on FB: "I'm pretty sure that if we could truly understand the love God has for us we wouldn't be able to stand up, let alone walk around."

          World changing, mind blowing, ever-present, perfect LOVE... *Grins* It just hit midnight, and I need to go to bed, but I also feel like writing an excitable post about the Love of God. But bed.

But look at this!


John 3:16 
 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 5:8 
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Galatians 2:20 
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me.

Ephesians 2:4-5 
But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved—

1 John 4:9-11 
In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.


Zephaniah 3:17
 The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

         That is a lot of Love...

        So - back where I was going with this, and then I'm going to sleep - I ended up scrawling half of this poem all over my bulletin margins this morning. Now I've semi organized it, and written some more. It's far from perfected - kinda like this blog post... but in this moment late tonight - it's simple joy... God is good.
______________________________________

Come delight in His glory.
Come laugh with me in joyous awe as He thunders,
"I Am the Alpha and Omega.
The beginning and end."
Lift your hands in wonder.
Raise your voice to join the song of the nations.
Echo the call as generations of people
From every stretch of the Earth,
Pour out in powerful worship,
"Holy!
Holy!
Holy!
Is the LORD God Almighty -
Who Was and Is 
And Is to come!"

Try to grasp in this moment
The Majesty of our Father.
Look to Him -
Laugh.
Weep.
See the nail-scarred Master,
Love bright in His eyes,
Smile upon us - His precious Children.
Be enveloped in a Love that spans into Eternity.
Feel the One who set the world into motion
Gently
Touch 
You.
Come see the Lover of your soul.
Come delight in His glory.


~ZA

No comments:

Post a Comment

It always makes me smile to see that someone has been over to my little blog. Thanks for visiting! :D

~ZA
Zeal Aspiring