Sunday, July 6, 2014

Looking For Life


Looking For Life 
2/9/14

Looking for love in all the wrong places.
Looking for power in the atmosphere.
Searching for dreams in smiling faces -
Looking away from the painful tears.

Looking for joy to fill up those spaces.
Looking for peace in a raging tide.
Trusting the crowd in all of the races,
Feeling thrills of the crazy ride.

Looking for luck in all of my aces.
Looking for life in the things I'd do.
Thinking strength lay in a stasis
I could find, if I only knew.

Looking for God in all of these cases.
Looking for hope though I was bound.
Thinking He was in the cracked vases,
Trampled small on the cold, black ground.

Looking for good in all of these cases.
Looking for truth in the things we said.
I had failed to cover my bases -
God reached in while I was dead.

Given hope in all the right places.
Give love that can cast out fear.
God showed me the ties of life's laces,
Drawing me so that I could hear.

Given light in all of these graces.
Given peace in the midst of trial.
Now I walk through life's paces,
God stands with me through ever mile.

Given grace on a daily basis.
Given joy that I could not buy.
God reached down in one of my chases,
Showed great love, deep enough to die.

~ZA

This song fits...




2 comments:

  1. Wow...this really is beautiful :) I feel like anyone having a bad day should read this and experience some light :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you, Valkyrie.

      I love using writing to express Truth - real emotions, real experiences, real Life...

      We can look for life, love, hope, etc in so many places, and yet God is the only One who can truly fulfill that longing. I think that's part of what makes this poem, as you said, a good thing for someone to read who might be having a bad day. It's a reminder that God can reach in and give us all we need, even when we feel broken - /especially/ when we feel broken.

      Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. <3 Comments make me so happy. ^_^

      To God be the glory,

      ~ZA

      Delete

It always makes me smile to see that someone has been over to my little blog. Thanks for visiting! :D

~ZA
Zeal Aspiring