Monday, January 28, 2013

Beautifully His


Psalm 139:14 

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.



Beautifully His 12/6/12


Barefoot child,
Hair a mess,
Spinning, twirling
In a dress.
Believing-
I'm a princess-
My mommy told me so!

Preteen girl,
Freckled face,
Wondering, wishing
To find a place.
Believing-
I'm not pretty enough
And I can't be.

Young adult,
Steely eyes,
Thinking, Certain,
Beauty is lies.
Believing-
If only I try harder
To follow the crowd.

Fully grown,
Not content,
Trying, hoping,
To retain years spent.
Believing-
I lost my beauty years ago
But maybe this can get it back.

Child beloved,
Made with care,
Remember, see,
God is there.
Saying-
You are created beautiful
Because you are uniquely Mine.


~ZA
Copyright © 2012 Ophelia M. Flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment

It always makes me smile to see that someone has been over to my little blog. Thanks for visiting! :D

~ZA
Zeal Aspiring