Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter!



1 Corninthians 15:17-22

17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.
20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.


 I Know You Are Risen 4/8/12

Some say You can't be
Risen,
But keep holding to my faith.
You were just a really good
Man,
But You didn't die to take my place.

But why have faith in a good
Man-
There can't be such a thing.
If You didn't rise from the
Dead,
Why call You Master and my King?


Some say it's just a
Story-
Nice words upon a page.
You were just a good
Teacher,
Not the Savior of our race.

But I know it's a true
Story,
You rose on Easter morn.
Over death You had
Conquered,
And our hope had been reborn.


Some say I just have blind
Faith,
That I'm trusting in a dream.
The story's only so
Thick,
And it's ripping at the seams.

But I'm not trusting on my own
Strength,
And there is proof if they will see.
You really are
Arisen,
Oh, I know that I am free!

~ZA

Copyright © 2012 Ophelia M. Flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment

It always makes me smile to see that someone has been over to my little blog. Thanks for visiting! :D

~ZA
Zeal Aspiring