Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Legacy

I think legacy is important for us to think about as Christians. God can use us to touch people without us being aware of it, and we must live with the knowledge of that. Our actions and words matter. When we die what will be remembered about us throughout generations? 

My prayer is that if I am remembered for anything, it will be I loved my God, and tried my best to honor Him. I hope God uses me to bless even just one person who will fear Him and continue to show His glory; that is the legacy I want to leave.



 Legacy 1/17/12

One day I'll be no more.
I'll stand upon Your shore.
What legacy will I leave?
Who will carry on what I believe?

One day my crown I'll cast,
Before Your throne at last.
Who will remember me?
What will my legacy be?

One day I'll return to dust,
As human I know I must.
Will anyone know my name?
Will anything I do remain?

I'll be remembered for a time,
Then I'll be forgotten as this rhyme.
Does it matter what I do?
The answer lies in You.

I won't be remembered many years,
No one will contemplate my fears.
My life purpose is Your honor due,
When I die may all remember You.

'Cause when my eyes close in death,
And I've taken my last breath,
The one thing I'll leave behind, it's true,
Are the lives I've touched through You.

~ZA

This song sums up a lot of what I want to be.


I want to leave a legacy.


Copyright © 2012 Ophelia M. Flowers

2 comments:

  1. Excellent poem, Za (That second song makes me think really hard every time I listen to it)

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting, Andrew. :D I am glad you like the poem; to God be the glory. :)
    (Yes, that song is very thought provoking. It is high on my list of favorites.)


    ~ZA

    ReplyDelete

It always makes me smile to see that someone has been over to my little blog. Thanks for visiting! :D

~ZA
Zeal Aspiring