Thursday, January 19, 2012

To Honor You

Westminster Shorter Catechism http://www.reformed.org/documents/WSC.html

Q. 1. What is the chief end of man?
A. Man’s chief end is to glorify God,[1] and to enjoy him forever.[2]


To Honor You 1/17/12

My life is here today,
Tomorrow I could fly away,
To stand before Your presence,
My holy God.

On that day I hope to hear,
In spite of my aching fears,
That You used me,
Somehow to honor You.

In spite of my childish pride,
And all of the tears I've cried,
That You used me,
Somehow to bring You praise.

For the treasures that I store,
Will waste away and be no more.
That's how it's going to be,
All things shall die.

I'm not a wandering soul,
I have an everlasting goal,
That glory is,
Always my path each day.

May all of the things I say,
Bring glory in some small way,
For honoring You,
Is what I'm made to do.



~ZA


(Note: This isn't meant to be a song, since I wrote it without a chorus. However, the way I wrote it was by singing it.)
Copyright © 2012 Ophelia M. Flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment

It always makes me smile to see that someone has been over to my little blog. Thanks for visiting! :D

~ZA
Zeal Aspiring