Saturday, January 14, 2012

In My Day

       This is a song I wrote one day when I was tired and obviously frustrated.  It turned out nicely, and helped me think in perspective.


 In My Day 5/20/11

Another day walking, it through,
Another day; the things that I do,
I'm wishing to get away,
Looking for a different way-
I've waited and now I say,

“Take me away from here!
I'm tired of the chaos and tears!”
I say, “Take me away,
 I'm tired of this endless pace-
Oh God, please take me away from here."

But You say, “Look at the people around you-
This is a way for you to reach out. look at your heart,
The way I made you, this to help you grow, this is to help you grow."

~
And so I try, to give and reach too,
And so I try, even when the day's blue,
 I'm wishing to give it all,
Part of me is afraid to fall,
I'm trusting and now I say,

“Help me to live in here!
Squash my little doubts and fears!”
I say, “Help me to pray, I'm ready to go Your way-
Oh God, please help me to drop my fears."

And You say, “Child I always hear you,
This is a way for you to trust more-,
Look at your life, the things I gave you,
In love I help you grow, In love I help you grow."

~

And so I look, at my life now,
And every day, I'm learning how,
And God will hold me here, it doesn't matter 'bout my fears-
He'll get me through the day,

“Jesus, I know You're here!
Grab my heart and hold me near!”
I say, “I need you now, please teach and show me how.
Oh God, please help me to know You're near.
Please help me to know, You're near."


~ZA

(Song are poetry with music.)

Copyright © 2012 Ophelia M. Flowers

1 comment:

It always makes me smile to see that someone has been over to my little blog. Thanks for visiting! :D

~ZA
Zeal Aspiring